Hiraeth


Hiraeth

There would be days in life

When the colours won't seem as bright

And when you start to see them again

 you're coming back to yourself, You'll realise

Waiting for your ghost 

I add another wrinkle beneath my eyes

I wanted none of this

But felt my heart's plight

One day you might feel it too ..

Will you ever though?

Maybe you already do...

Even now..

Maybe you never will

Screaming, come back to me

Waiting for surrender...

Was it your ego that stopped you 

I wonder

Or did you really love me at all?

Wasting away

Precious moments

Were they even precious at all?

Because I forget

Everytime I breathe 

Afterall you're human too 

So why don't I see

That you'd feel it too


- Hiraeth (a deep longing for something that you cannot get back to)

26th September 2023



Written for you, written for me.

Comments

Popular Posts